What have I done during quarantine?

8/15/2020 11:54:00 pm

Assalamualaikum

Since we are in the midst of a pandemic, to me this is a great time for us to try new things or do something we have been putting on hold. I am having my semester break right now. My new semester will start in early October. Almost 2 months from now. Since I finished my last semester at the end of June, I have been filling my free time doing the things I have been wanting to do but cannot find the time to do it until now. I am sure some of you are like me, using the most of our time staying at home. These are a few things I have done to fill my days.

1) Embroidery

I have been loving stitching since I was in primary school. Whenever I had a cat, I always find old t-shirts and turn them into cat’s clothes. Remembering it now, it is funny how I created the clothes. Sometimes it was too big and sometimes it was too small. The cat never like those clothes but the kid me still insist for it to wear it. Of course, just for a short amount of time. I would not dare to force a cat, knowing it would scratch me haha

Okay… we are getting off the topic now.

It was my first time trying embroidery in my life. I have always wanting to do it since I look at those talented people on Instagram doing them. It never ceases to amaze me how much patience they have, especially when doing intricate design. I bought the kit from shopee for RM 12. If you’re interested, this is the link to the product.

This is the design I have chosen:


Overview:
I finished this in 2 days. I did it day and night, whenever I feel bored looking at my phone. Overall, it was a nice experience. Only pricked my fingers 4 times! It was bleeding once but nothing serious. I give it 5/5. 100% will do it again.

2) Paint by numbers

This is also one of the Instagram influence. I always love painting even now I am still painting – I bought new watercolors the other day but that is for another post. I bought this from the same shop I bought the embroidery kit. It cost me RM15 for the whole set. Here is the link to the product. It came with canvas, three brushes, and tons of paints.


Overview: the process to finish this piece is tiring – both for my eyes and body. If you want to do this, make sure to find a place where you will be at your most comfortable, or else you are going to break 3 of your bones every day. Especially your neck area. It took me days for me to finish this. I only did it when I took a break from reading or when my phone was charging. That’s why it took a lot of time. The process was tedious but the outcome is very satisfying. I give this 4/5. If I’m going to do this again, I’ll find a design that will include a lot of different colors and not monotone as this piece is.

3) Reading

I finally am catching up with my reading material. I don’t know if I ever mention this before but in December 2018, I went to my first Big Bad Wolf event. I bought 8 books in total. You can click here to know what book I bought. Can you believe that I have read only 3 of them? I haven't continue reading the Throne of Glass series yet.

Unfortunately, I am not living in my house in Selangor. We are here at Terengganu since my dad has to transfer here. I have been living here since the start of quarantine until now. I have not been back home since January. And all my books are at home in Selangor :) when cross country was allowed, my sister came to us and that is when I asked her to bring one of my books.
Overview: I finished reading the first book in 9 days, then I bought another 2 so that I can read the whole trilogy. I bought the book from bookxcess. Very affordable if you are looking to buy I am halfway of the second book now. The story frustrates me to no end! I have to pause and take a breather because the character is so frustrating I feel like I want to choke them if they are in front of me.

Patrick Ness is one of my favourite authors. I really recommend him if you are looking to read good young adult book. I have reviewed one of his book, More than This. If you are interested in reading my review, you can click here.

Should I give a review and my thoughts on this trilogy when I finish it? Maybe I will, but we will see.
Well, this post is getting too long now. I have to stop here or else it will be never ending reading for you.

What have you done/are doing during this quarantine? Share it with me!

Until I write again,
Assalamualaikum

21 comments:

  1. wow you must really like details thing , thin that needed a lot of focus which contradict with me . I cant really focus in a long time . What did i do ? I start writing again , watching anime , playing pc games , enhance my cooking skills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I tried my best at doing this tasks. I've been wanting to improve my cooking too but still haven't find the urge to do so :)

      Delete
  2. stay at home and do daily chores,take care my lil brother😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. your embroidery and painting are so good! you're talented la. i'm also currently on my sem break for two months! hehe. i've been watching anime, managing my blog and bookstagram, catching up on reading, and learning to make digital art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ^//^ I saw your goodreads! you read so many, I'm a little jealous haha

      Delete
  4. omg so talented! I've been reading books and most of the time, I immersed myself with drawing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rajin nya Leo! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. are u sure that is ur first time trying embroidery? that is REALLY PRETTY!! and the painting too! why so talented omg I can't relate hahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! you should give it a try too :D

      Delete
  7. Don't let your embroidery talent go to waste, sister! That's such a beautiful work xx

    lenne | www.lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i tried! thanks for the compliment :D

      Delete
  8. During quanrantine?

    well...i am doing origami 3D, you can drop by at my blog at click the link above written 'Creative Thingy'

    and also some ugly arts i make..hahaha
    you must be creative right :)

    https://nasuha-itsmyessay.blogspot.com/2020/08/cuya-join-pertandingan-sajak.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure to check it out! haha not as creative as you, I'm sure :D

      Delete
  9. Wahh your painting and embroidery is soooo nice!! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowwww, you're doing a great job during quarantine while me just lazying around, wish i am motivated as you but yeah i will try!

    i want to try embroidery but im not good with anything related to needle lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg i love your blog and your content. decided to follow you here yayyy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learn a new art style hehe and i think you're spending your quarantine pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rajinnya..
    Cantik hasil kerja..
    Tak pernah lagi beli buku dekat bookxcess.. Hari tu ada nampak sale tapi bila buka dah terlepas pula..

    ReplyDelete

Harsh words are forbidden.