Coming back?

8/07/2020 01:53:00 am


Assalamualaikum
A year (and more) has passed since my last entry. The last post was a day before I finished my internship as a diploma student, and now I am a second-year degree student going into my third year. Oh, how time flies. It has been a long time since I last open this blog. It's always been on my mind to write something here but I've been putting it off for so long now. Now I am back?

I tweaked my blog design a little - nothing major. Terkejut sikit la blogger interface sekarang dah lain. Baru 2 minggu lepas masih macam biasa, sekarang dah lain. I think it is cleaner and better. We can preview our post in other devices too, which is good for those who have responsive blog design to check if the photo in their post fit the mobile view or not.


How are you these days? Everything is good? Have to finish your semester? How are you fitting into the new normal? Is it hard to cope with it or you are good?

Let's have a little storytime, shall we? 
I came home on Sunday, 15th March 2020. Masa tu belum PKP lagi but we got a memo that university will close for 3 weeks starting Monday, 16th March. At the moment, all I can think of was "baik duduk kat rumah 3 minggu daripada mereput kat uni." So I bought a bus ticket, gerak malam tu jugak and arrived the next day - and had the first online class later in the afternoon.

A few days after that, the prime minister announced a movement control order (MCO) that started on 18th March 2020. It was my best decision that I made in the heat of the moment to come home. We had a week break after that and then online class started. At first, I cannot accept the method of learning. I cannot give my whole attention to the lecture at all. There is always something distracting me. It has a huge gap between studying at home and in class. The vibe just does not sit right with me.

As a student, a home is where I can be as free as I want without thinking about assignments and stuff. When online class happened, I had to change my mind. It was hard at first but when I think I got a hold of it, assignments, quizzes, tests happen. Having class at home is okay but taking tests was not. I am going to stop there or else this is going to first post of 2020 and it's full of complaining. We do not want that to happen here.

I am grateful that my university had 3 weeks of exam weeks. Those are the days where there was no online class in sight, only tests for our continuous assessment since we did not have final exams. We had a fixed schedule for 3 weeks of what test we were going to have on what day. I am grateful to my classmates who are very helpful for setting up the schedule, grateful to my lecturers who were very understanding of our conditions.

<-- sorry that it's blurry, this was taken from my Instagram story. this was my schedule for those 3 weeks. every other day there's always something - either assignment submission, quiz, or test.



I am going to end this here today. It's already almost 2AM. Once I start, it's hard to stop haha I already have an idea of what my next post will be. When? I do not know but I will make sure I will write again (hopefully).

Until I write again,
Assalamualaikum

11 comments:

  1. i feel pity with student that have to do online study which it really hard to do especially at home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's true. slowly we're trying to adapt to the new normal..

      Delete
  2. welcome back! om follow sini tau, #513

    www.ombakbergigi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, i am in the same shoes as yours...learning online is actually different than offline..i prefer offline cause i can focus more than online learning..

    tough isn't it? be strong kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree. especially when it comes to tough subjects that requires face to face learning for better understanding. good luck in your studies :)

      Delete
  5. welcome back..done follow ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!! Welcome back and salam perkenalan..

    ReplyDelete

Harsh words are forbidden.