Comfortable clothing

6/23/2018 04:11:00 pm
Assalamualaikum

Happy Eid Mubarak!

On 5th Syawal, my family and I – except my sister because she’s working – went to send off my dad at KLIA2. It was my first time going out m=of my comfort zone by wearing jubah to go out. The reason is, before that we went to my cousin’s open house and I’m too lazy to change my outfit. I grab my purse and phone and then I’m out.

Never in my life I went anywhere other than open houses or classes wearing jubah or baju kurung or just wearing anything with skirt in general. I’m trousers/jeans/slack kind of girl. It was my first time and surprisingly I feel very comfortable.

Before this, I would think about of people’s judgment on my outfit. It’s unhealthy, but it’s the way I am. Always being thinking about what people will think of me.

Now that I’m 20, I just think about myself more. I was like, “lantak lah orang nak cakap apa pun.” Ignore them all, that’s what I do best. Some people can’t think like that. They have their own insecurities, and that’s okay because you’re going to outgrow them.

Nowadays, I feel uncomfortable when wearing close-fittings clothes. I’d choose slack and palazzo over jeans any day. I feel it limited my movements and makes me claustrophobic – is that’s the right analogy. The thought that I attract the eyes of men’s also one of the reason. Not to judge anyone, this is truly what I feel about myself. The more flowy the clothes are, the more comfortable I am. The better mood I’m in. And you don’t want to see me being moody.

That’s it, I guess. I want to share with you some of my thought while wearing jubah in public. I hope I can encourage those who are hesitating to wear our traditional clothing in public. But make sure kena tempat lah. Nanti plan nak bungee jumping, pastu pakai baju kurung. Tak ke pelik nampaknya tu? Haha.


The jubah was bought by my uncle when he went to Makkah for umrah. By the way, if you guys have or know any shops that are selling cheap jubah or abaya, do tell me please! A girl need a wardrobe change haha

Happy Eid Mubarak!

Until I write again,
Assalamualaikum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harsh words are forbidden.